What lessons have you learnt?
What have been your greatest life lessons so far? The purpose of asking this question is not to become lost in introspection. Instead, it is to prevent you making the same mistakes so that you can grow, evolve, and continue to learn.
As cliché as this sounds, your greatest lessons help to shape you into the person you are, and although they can be painful, many lessons ultimately make life more enjoyable and rewarding.
Are your problems recurring ones from the past? They become habits and a pattern when we don’t stop to acknowledge them; address them and learn from them. Creating a strategy so they don’t happen again is important. Ask yourself some questions: Why does the same ting keep happening to you? Do you care enough to do something about it once and for all? How can you now make a difference?
Emotionally intelligent leaders strive to learn from mistakes, because they know how valuable they are for growth – personal and professional – and your ability to move forward.
Some popular lessons:
- When in doubt, just take the next small step.
- Don’t compare your lives with others. You don’t know what their journey is.
- However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
- Take a deep breath, it calms the mind.
- if you don’t ask, you don’t get.
- Burn the candles, use the nice dinner plates. Don’t save them for a special occasion. Today is special.
- Don’t take yourself so seriously.